Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Reflections on Madame de Rémusat: Remembrances of Napoleon

I think that Madame de Remusat is portraying Napoleon in an interesting way. He seems brilliant and witty because he remembers everything he says and likes to see others struggle at keeping up with his thoughts. He also sort of portrayed as a slob in that his handwriting is horrible and he could not spell. Despite these things, Napoleon seems like a good ruler during this time in France because he knows what he wants and he knows what he likes. The French Revolution is one of the most interesting things I've learned about in AP. I would like to watch a video with real reenactment of what happened. I found the Terror to be very interesting, and I would have liked to discuss it with the class in depth. During this time in France, a good ruler was needed, and I think Napoleon was good for the French society.

No comments:

Post a Comment